Week 5 - google earth , flickr , e-learning


Two of our classmates had very good presentation to introduce us earthgoogle and flickr. We also had guest speaker to talk about his e-learning website. Google earth (earth.google.com) is very cool online program, and it can guide people to the real world with real images. Although it needs to be download and installed, it can make people feel flying around the world. I can find the picture which is near my mother's home in Taiwan. This's really cool ! Another cool thing is that we can find out the traffic anytime through Google earth. It also can show people the direction from place A to place B.


Flickr is like a place to store my pictures. I also like to store my pictures online and give the link or account to share pictures with my friends and family. I don't need to e-mail a lot pictures and worry about the image's size. It's very good tool to arrange and store our pictures. It also provide a method to post images on Blog site with a link. That's really convenient online tool.


For the online E-learning section, it's very good ideas to create a online classes for people to teach and learn online. Although the website we saw in the class is not quite completed, at least it's a good instructional idea to create a e-learning place.


Lately I found out that .....I am using online resources in stead of going to the library to find books ! I would like to sit in front of my computer and look my monitor all the time ! :p

1 comment:

Yu-Fen said...

Ha. I am such a lazy bone. I have never fonded of library; therefore, online tools are really helpful to me. To hear so many handy tools online is certainly a great benefit to study at ITEC.