Week 3 - Learning in the Digital Age

What we are learning in ITEC department is planning and developing of instructions and materials for learners. In this technological world, educators need to know new technological tools to help to supply learners’ needs. Especially, the needs for training, distance education and life-long learning have been increased. We need to deal with learners of all ages at all levels. Instructional design can help teachers have more tools and skills to teach with effective instruction.

My desktop is turned on 24 hours every day. My friends and my family members can leave messages online through MSN messenger or Skype. I check my e-mails every hour daily. I can’t live without a computer and internet because it’s the way to connect with my overseas friends and family members. I usually look for solutions and answers online if I have any question or problem. I can also learn new software from online forums or online lessons because many people in the world respond and help me out with my learning.

Learning in the Digital Age. The learning society is changed. Now learners have more choices to choose what method to learn. Therefore, teachers can’t stay on the traditional lectures. Instructions need to be developed to various methods to present.

1 comment:

B. Rodrigues said...

thank God for new technology. loved ones are only an email or a text away . We can even take a short vacation far away and still get our homework in on time.